Eligibility: Organizations must be classified by the Internal Revenue Service as public charities and tax-exempt under section 501 (c)(3). Further, organizations must further the mission of the SKF Foundation.
Restrictions: No grants are made to individuals.
Grant Cycle: The board meets one time per year to make grant decisions. Grant application deadlines are included in application packet. The application window is from May 15 – June 30 annually. Applications received outside the posted window will not be considered.
Amount of Funding: Grant requests range in size, but the average grant falls between $5,000 – $20,000.
Type of Support: The SKF Foundation will offer funding in support of general operation, start-up-costs, project support, technical assistance, and matching grants.
What we are looking for:
- The SKF Foundation is most interested in programs and organizations that are highly respected within their communities and can demonstrate volunteer and financial support from the community.
- We wish to partner with organizations to bring about meaningful change in Richmond.
- The SKF Foundation is interested in organizations and programs that fit within our mission to build family values and create assets for the community. We believe that assets are not just buildings but the people residing within the community.
- Our goal is to support programs that help young people achieve their highest potential to become contributing citizens within their communities.
- We encourage and support collaboration among our grantees to maximize resources in sustaining programs and achieving outcomes.
- Organizations that can leverage our support with funding from additional sources are looked on favorably.