Eligibility: Organizations must be classified by the Internal Revenue Service as public charities and tax-exempt under section 501 (c)(3). Further, organizations must further the mission of SKFF.
Restrictions: No grants are made to individuals. Organizations located outside of Wayne County may only apply if they have been invited to do so by a Stamm Koechlein family member.
Grant Cycle: The board meets one time per year to make grant decisions. The application window is from May 15 – June 30 annually. Applications received outside the posted window will not be considered.
Amount of Funding: Grant requests range in size, but the average grant falls between $5,000 – $20,000.
Type of Support: The Stamm Koechlein Family Foundation will offer funding in support of general operation, start-up-costs, project support, technical assistance, and capital expenditures. We also occasionally participate in matching gifts programs.
What we are looking for:
– SKFF is most interested in programs and organizations that are highly respected within their communities and can demonstrate volunteer and financial support from the community.
– We wish to partner with organizations to bring about meaningful change in Richmond.
– SKFF is interested in organizations and programs that fit within our mission to build family values and create assets for the community. We believe that assets are not just buildings but the people residing within the community.
– Our goal is to support programs that help young people achieve their highest potential to become contributing citizens within their communities.
– We encourage and support collaboration among our grantees to maximize resources in sustaining programs and achieving outcomes.
– Organizations that can leverage our support with funding from additional sources are looked on favorably.
Would you like to be added to our mailing list? You will receive report reminders, grant notifications, and a monthly newsletter!